National Assistant Swimming Teacher Award
- To assist and work under the direction of a fully qualified Swimming Teacher on a professional or voluntary basis.
- To give candidates a basic technical and practical knowledge for the teaching of swimming to groups of 6 pupils under the direction of a fully qualified Swimming Teacher.
- To provide candidates with an understanding of health and safety issues in swimming pools.
Course Content / Syllabus:
- General Information
- Health & Safety
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Learning & Skill Development
- Integration of those with Additional Needs
- Scientific Principles of Movement in the Water
- Swimming Strokes: Front Crawl, Back Crawl, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Inverted Breaststroke, Life Saving Side Stroke
- Other Aquatic Skills Relevant to the Teaching of Swimming
- Stroke and Aquatic Skills Analysis
- Practical Teaching
- The course will consist of a minimum of 24 hours theory and 8 hours poolside practice.
Preferred Pre-Course Requirements and Recommendations:
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
- Ideally, candidates should have a Water Safety Ireland Swimming Teachers’ Lifesaving Award or Safety 4 Award or equivalent before starting the course.
- It is the responsibility of all organisations that provide services for children or vulnerable adults to ensure that those representing them undergo the process of Garda Vetting.
- Ideally, Assistant Swimming Teacher candidates who are members of institutions or leisure facilities will already have been Garda Vetted.
- Candidates who undergo the Assistant Swimming Teacher qualification independently of an organisation or leisure facility, must ensure that they are Garda Vetted within the organisation or facility where they will be helping to deliver swimming lessons.
If you are interested in becoming a fully qualified Assistant Swimming Teacher, please call David: 086 871 9023 or email Matthew: email@example.com