As well as Swimming Teacher training and First Aid Response (FAR) training, we also offer Cardiac First Response (CFR) training to pools, sports complexes, hotels, schools, colleges and to the general public.
This Award is certified by the Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) and Water Safety Ireland (WSI).
The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council is the independent statutory body who set the standards for education and training for pre-hospital emergency care in Ireland. It is also the regulator for the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in Ireland.
A Cardiac First Responder is a person trained in the following areas:
– Adult / Child / Infant Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
– Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
– The Chain of Survival
– The Safe Airway / Recovery Position
– Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (FBAO) / Choking
– Cardiovascular Diseases (Heart Attack and Stroke)
– Aspirin Administration
– Contacting the Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
– Handing over to the Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
– Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
– Critical Incident Stress Management
– Cardiac First Response Report Writing
Cardiac First Responders can use the skills they learn on this course to respond to adults, children and infants who have suddenly collapsed due to respiratory, cardiac or cardiovascular emergencies. Cardiac First Responders play a vital role in keeping a person alive until they can receive expert clinical care.
To book a place on our next CFR Course please call David (086 871 9023) or email Matthew (email@example.com)